Tax Credits aren’t just for First time Home Buyers

Tax Credits aren’t just for First time Home Buyers

Did you know that the Tax Credits aren’t just for First Time Home Buyers or move up buyers?

There are a number of home improvements that you can do to your own home that makes it more “Energy Efficient” that also qualify for Tax Credits.

What are they you ask?

Here is the link to the National Association of Home Builders’ website that details all of the types of home improvements that qualify for the tax credit like Insulation or New windows/skylights, to name a few. Go here for a complete list of improvements that qualify:

 The energy-efficiency home products must be “placed in service” between Jan. 1, 2009 and Dec. 31, 2010. The credits are only valid for improvements made to the taxpayer’s principal residence, except for qualified geothermal, solar, wind property, which can be installed on any home used as a residence by the taxpayer.

 Home owners can claim the 25C and 25D credits on Form 5695 when they file their income tax returns. Check with your tax professional to ensure correct application of the energy-efficiency tax credit.

 I hope this is helpful. Pass this along to your friends and family.

You know, my youngest daughter just got engaged, so she is looking to move and that got me thinking …(scary, huh?), If any of your Friends or family have experienced a recent “life event”, like a Wedding or a new baby or new job, etc., they might be thinking about their next move as well.

So let me know if you know of anyone that I could help or answer any questions for them. You can contact me at john(at)

I look forward to hearing from you.

Have a Great Week!

Tags: , , ,

Leave a Reply